Child Development pages
One of the most important things you will ever do for your child is choosing his or her name. Although you would not like to think so, the name you give to your child can have a big impact on who they become, and thus it is often a difficult decision for parents.
- Choosing a name — a guide to the important points to consider when deciding on a child's name.
- Baby names from common words — there are many examples of words from our daily lives that are being used as baby names.
- Celebrity names — using celebrities as a guide to name your baby.
- Unusual baby names — want something different?
- Place names as first names — using the name of a place, town, city, state or country is a common strategy.
- Positive names — giving a positive name will put them on the right track.
- Unisex Names — naming of boys with girls names and vice versa.
- Reasons — why we choose certain names
- Regulations — there are certain regulations you need to follow when naming your child.
- Surnames — with all this info about baby names, don't forget the surname
Sections coming soon
- choosing an unusual name for your child — what effect does it have on them?
- foreign names are becoming popular
- made up names and variant spellings
- Baby Names Bookstore