Child Development pages
Topend Kids > Pregnancy > Fitness > Exercises > Pelvic Tilt
Pelvic Tilt Exercise
- To strengthen your lower back and improve posture. This exercise is also performed to reduce and prevent lower back pain.
- A firm but not hard surface such as an exercise mat
- assume a position on your back, with your head rested comfortably, your knees bent at approximately right angles and feet flat on the ground.
- exhale as you press the small of your lower back against the ground or floor
- inhale as you relax your spine
- repeat several times
- this exercise can also be done while standing, with your back up against a wall