Child Development pages
Topend Kids > Pregnancy > Fitness > Exercises > Squat Stretch
Squat Stretch Exercise
- to strengthen and stretch around your hips, in preparation for labor.
- Start by standing comfortably with your feet about shoulder width apart.
- Squat down as low as you can, keeping your feet flat on the ground if possible.
- Press your knees apart with your elbows.
- Hold for a few minutes, or even longer if you are comfortable in that position.
- If you are finding it hard to keep your balance, squat near a wall or chair that you can hold on to for support. Putting a rolled up towel under your heels may also help you keep your balance.